Digistart- Paris, France
Project Location: Paris, France
Digistart is a code initiation program whose multiple objectives are to raise awareness around being a developer, to give a better representation of them, to detect motivation and skills and to train people in the basic concepts of the code.
A classroom training composed of two 16-hour modules:
– A Digistart HTML, CSS module that introduces basic programming concepts and vocabulary associated with front end development (HTML and CSS). At the end of the session, learners are able to code their own personal and/or professional website.
Learners have access to an innovative e-learning platform in partnership with CrossKnowledge, allowing them to access courses and exercise materials at any time. Each module is independent and is provided by professional trainers, accompanied by volunteers to provide individual support during the face-to-face sessions.
100 people will go through the training: young people from the city’s priority districts, refugees and asylum seekers, with a focus on the female public.
● 90% of beneficiaries will have completed the courses
● 100% of beneficiaries will have acquired coding skills
● 70% of beneficiaries will have a positive result 6 months after the support
● 70% participation in events and mentoring sessions
This project was selected by the Thales Digital Factory Paris site, winner of the 2019 Microdon challenge.
Konexio responds to the growing demand for digital learning from excluded groups such as refugees, asylum seekers and young dropouts as well as those struggling with the digitalisation of many professions. The association raises awareness of digital professions among these audiences, provides training in basic computer skills – (from beginner to advanced level with a professional certification) to coding (from the basics to web developer certification level) to technology and digital inclusion. It also provides support to learners in their job search.